To this I do solemnly affirm and consent that:
• I am an American citizen and patriot.
• I am a militia member and part of a team.
• I serve the people of the United States of America and specifically the people of the state of Illinois.
• My mission is to see that the Constitution of the United States is upheld as it was written.
• I will always put my mission first, my brothers in arms second, and my self last.
• I will never quit or surrender.
• I am disciplined and mentally tough.
• I am as physically fit as possible.
• I commit to become proficient at whatever task I am given to fulfill my mission.
• I will maintain my arms, my equipment, and myself.
• I am a guardian of liberty and the American way of life.
• The Constitution will be upheld.
• I AM an Illinois State Militiamen.
To preserve and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic. To provide community service and assistance where needed in times of need.